Wisconsin Track Coaches Association
Coaches Code of Ethics
As a professional educator and leader, all WISTCA Members/Coach will:
- Exemplify the highest moral character as a role model for young people.
- Recognize the individual worth and reinforce the self-image of each team member.
- Encourage and assist team members to set personal goals to achieve their highest academic potential.
- Create a set of training rules for athletes which reflects the positive values of abstaining from the use of drugs (including performance enhancing drugs), alcohol and tobacco.
- Strive to develop the qualities of leadership, initiative, and good judgment in each team member.
- Communicate and interpret program goals and objectives to parents and community.
- Provide a safe environment for practice and competition.
- Gain an awareness of the importance of prevention, care and treatment of athletic injuries.
- Respect the integrity and judgment of the meet officials.
- Teach and abide by the rules in letter and in spirit.
- Build and maintain ethical relationships with coaches and administrators.
- Strive for excellence in coaching skills and techniques through professional improvement.
- Promote personal fitness and good nutrition.
- Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
- Encourage a healthy respect for the overall athletic program and its vital roles in education.